Sample Paper – 2008
Subject – Chemistry
CLASS – XII
Time: Three Hours Max.Marks: 70
1. All questions are compulsory.
2. Question nos. 1 to 8 are very short answer questions and carry 1 mark each.
3. Question nos. 9 to 18 are short answer questions and carry 2 marks each.
4. Question nos. 19 to 27 are also short answer questions and carry 3 marks each
5. Question nos. 28 to 30 are long answer questions and carry 5 marks each
6. Use log tables if necessary, use of calculators is not allowed.
1. Give an example of heterogeneously catalysed reaction? 1
2. What is the oxidation number of Ni in [Ni(CO)4]? 1
3. Give the IUPAC name of the following compound
5. Why are primary amines are higher boiling than tertiary amines? 1
6. Name the purines present in DNA. 1
7. Write formulae of the monomers of polythene and Teflon? 1
8. Why is bithional is added to the toilet soap? 1
9. An element having bcc structure with a cell edge of 288pm. If the density of the element
is 7.2g/cm3, what is atomic mass of the element? 2
10. Explain the following terms with suitable example:
i) F-centres ii) Schottky defect. 2